Our entertainment law practice provides legal work and representation for a full range of services.
We represent individuals, entrepreneurs and companies in the entertainment industry.
- Television and Film Contracts
- Music Industry Contracts
- Literary property and publishing contracts
- Work for hire agreements
- Long term agreements (Film/TV/Music/Modeling/Publishing/Art)
- Media and trademark/copyright business matters
Film and Television Law
- Our services include but are not limited to:
- Negotiating agreements for both established and up and coming actors/producers/directors.
- Negotiating and drafting a wide range of production and distribution agreements spanning all areas of the film, television and DVD release.
- Structure agreements for show runners and staff members for motion pictures and television.
- Advise on rights pertaining to literary, format, and various other forms of rights acquisitions and licenses.
- Negotiating employment agreements.
Music Industry Law
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Representing recording artists, DJ's, composers and music libraries in acquisitions, licenses and general legal concerns.
- Negotiating and drafting agreements for licensing, recording, distribution and merchandising for music performers, composers and labels.
- Structure multiparty agreements for the creation, licensing, and administration of music.
We represent models, modeling agencies and managers for a full range of legal issues, including:
- Negotiating model management and model agency agreements
- Negotiating photographer release and work-for-hire terms
- Acquiring copyright-transfer documents
- Preparing and servicing "take-down" notices to Internet sites under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- For Agencies, Managers, Photographers:
- Selection and registration of appropriate company structure
- Compliance with state requirements for licenses to do business as a modeling agency
- Drafting and negotiating model representation agreements, release forms, work-for-hire forms, and location releases
Internet and Technology Law
For app developers, video game developers, digital media and technology industry professionals, we offer the legal guidance to protect yourself and your creation. Our services include:
- Regulatory Guidance
- Privacy Policies
- Mobile Platform Issues
- Developer Agreements
- Ownership and Right Issues
Visual and Literary Arts
We counsel artists, art galleries, dealers, collectors and owners (both private and corporate) and other clients on a variety of art-related issues, including:
- Advertising and Promotions
- Branding, Licensing, Distribution, and Merchandising
- Loans Secured by Fine Art
- Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy
- Import, Export, and Customs Matters
- Intellectual Property
- Strategic Business Relationships, Transactions, and Alliances
- Private Sales, Consignments, and Auctions
- Public and Private Commissions
- Tax Issues
- Technology Protection
We counsel artists, photographers, musicians, costume designers, furniture makers, web designers, & electronic manufacturers in a variety of design issues, including:
- Sale and Distribution Contracts
- Copyright and Trademark Issues
- Work for Hire Contracts
For those in the literary industry such as journalists, authors and freelance writers, we provide the protective legal guidance for your work.
We counsel clients in the areas of:
- Book Contracts
- Electronic Publishing
- Copyrights and Trademarks
- Character Licensing
- Print Media
- Publishing Law
We represent athletes in all arenas, in issues requiring
- Endrosement Contracts
- Sport Merchandising Contracts
- Employment Law
- Licensing Contracts
We represent entertainment and internet companies and entrepreneurs secure their rights. The services we provide include:
- Creation of corporations and limited liability companies
- Creation, acquisition, protection and exploitation of intellectual property
- Guidance on 'industry standard' issues.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and product rights
- Drafting of "Terms and Conditions" and "Privacy-Policy" documents for Internet sites
- Ensuring proper "chain-of-title" records for film, television and music production companies
Copryright, Trademark and Licensing
To protect your rights and interests, we offer the following Copyright, Trademark and Licensing Services with each clients interest as the priority:
- Licensing and contract negotiation
- Registration, including registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and U.S. Copyright Office, and foreign registration
- Selection and development of trademarks
- Advertising and merchandising involving trademarks and copyrights
- Assignments and recordation of intellectual property
- Distribution and marketing contracts
- Assignment of profitability rights