I Visa Media Journalist:

Media Visa for Foreign Media and Journalists to Work in the U.S.

U.S. Media Visa, I Visa Requirements

The I-Visa, also known as the media visa or the foreign journalist, is available for non United States citizens who wish to work in the United States.
Our office can guide you to obtaining a I-Visa, if you:
· Represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film, or other foreign information media)
· Are coming to the United States to engage solely in this profession; and
· Have a home office in a foreign country
Occupations under this category include reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations.

Media Visa Eligibility Criteria

You must demonstrate that you are a bona fide representative of foreign media whose activities are essential to the functions of your organization. The consular officer at the U.S. embassy will determine whether an activity is qualifying in order to obtain a nonimmigrant visa.
Our immigration lawyers work with you in drafting and gathering the necessary documentation to present at the U.S. consulate in your home country to properly qualify for the visa.

U.S. Media Visa Sponsorship

The company sponsoring you must have a home office in a foreign country. Our immigration lawyers work with your sponsor to draft the appropriate contracts to obtain the Media visa on your behalf.

U.S. Media Visa Application

Application Process

You can apply for an I visa at an American Embassy or consulate with jurisdiction over your place of permanent residence. The Department of State establishes visa application processing and issuance fees. For detailed application instructions, see the link to the Department of State’s website to the right.
As a representative of foreign media, you cannot travel to the U.S. and engage in your profession without an I nonimmigrant visa, even if you are a citizen of a country that participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you attempt to travel to the U.S. without the appropriate visa, you may be denied admission by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at the port of entry (airport, seaport, or land border). There are limited instances under which you, as a foreign media representative, may be eligible to travel with a visitor’s visa. See the link to the Department of State’s website to the right for more information.

US Media Visa Lawyer Service

Our lawyers offer you a free consultation to discuss your case. Once we have gone over the requirements with you and you wish to work with us, we guide you to obtain the necessary documentation, including providing templates for recommendation letters from previous employers. We also work with your sponsors to draft the offer of employment according to U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) guidelines. We then present you with a file to take with you to your interview, and are available to discuss your file and answer any questions.
Contact Us to discuss your case.

Request a Free Consultation