O1 Visa

How to obtain an O-1 Visa

The steps to get an O-1 visa succesfully needs to be well-planned and tailored to meet the requirements. Initially, we’ll provide a free consultation where we discuss your background with you, and help provide a strategy to meet the government requirements. Following this consultation, we assist with preparing a strong file on your behalf. We help you build a file which includes:

  1. Assistance in collecting all the supporting documentation necessary to meet the government requirements, including providing you with templates to obtain the necessary letters, editing them on your behalf, and collecting the necessary background information required.
  2. Working with your sponsor and employers to draft a contract which meets U.S. Government standards for the visa.
  3. Drafting a petitioners support letter advocating your background to meet the government requirements.
  4. Building a file (generally 200-300 pages) to help you prove you meet the criteria for the visa.
  5. Obtaining the required ‘Advisory Opinion’ from the labor union or peer group in the United States in your field.
  6. Filling out and filing all the necessary government forms with the file we have created along with the contracts and support letters.

Request a Free Consultation Today

How long does it take to get an O-1 Visa?

Generally, you should give yourself at least 6 weeks to prepare a strong file to the requirements.
Once your file is complete, we send to the appropriate labor union for their approval (most reply within two weeks). Once the labor union letter is provided, we send your file to the government.

How much does an O-1 Visa Cost?

Regular Processing Application fee: $325. They will provide a response within 4 months.
Premium Processing: The U.S. Government offers a premium processing service for additional $1225. This will provide a response within 15 days.
These fees do not include attorney fees, and labor union fees, please contact us to inquire about total costs.

Once your visa is approved, you will go to the U.S. Consulate in your home country to get a visa stamp, unless you are already in the U.S. and are changing your status. If you are already in the U.S., the next time you leave the country you will have to go to your home country or foreign U.S. consulate and obtain a stamp. We have successfully worked with clients who went to consulates across the world in London, United Kingdom, France, Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Germany, Canada, Denmark, Poland, India, New Zealand, Australia, and many other countries. Our offices are located in Los Angeles and New York, and we work with people around the world to help them work legally in the United States. Request a free consultation to discuss your case.

Request a Free Consultation to Discuss your Case